Austin Board of REALTORS® reports median price for single-family homes rose six percent year-over-year to $239,900, and average price, while statistically unchanged from April 2013, rose slightly higher to $308,752. Austin-area home sales increased one percent to 2,479 single-family home sales in April 2014.
Austin-area homes continued to sell at an accelerated rate, decreasing the average days on market by five days year-over-year, down to 45 days in April 2014. At the same time, monthly housing inventory decreased 0.4 months year-over-year to 2.3 months. The market also featured two percent fewer new listings, three percent fewer active listings and six percent fewer pending sales in April 2014 compared to the same month of the prior year.
Austin Market Stats Infographic by Realty Austin
April 2013 vs April 2014 Market Statistics
- $765,396,208– Total dollar volume of single-family properties sold, one percent more than April 2013.
- $239,900 – Median price for single-family homes, six percent more than April 2013.
- 2,479 – Single-family homes sold, one percent more than April 2013.
- 45 – Average number of days single-family homes spent on the market, five days fewer than April 2013.
- 3,481 – New single-family home listings on the market, two percent fewer than April 2013.
- 5,305 – Active single-family home listings on the market, three percent fewer than April 2013.
- 2,805 – Pending sales for single-family homes, six percent fewer than April 2013.
- 2.3 – Months of inventory* of single-family homes, 0.4 months less than April 2013.
Written By: Realty Austin